I promise that this easy iced coffee recipe will make your life better!
1 cup (4 ounces / 113 grams) whole coffee beans ( I love our Sunrise Blend for iced coffee)
4 cups (32 ounces / 907 grams) cold water
Directions Using a French Press
1. Grind all of the coffee beans just a little finer then your French press setting. You will have just under 1 cup of coarse grounds.
2. Take the lid off the French press and place the coarsely ground coffee inside.
3. Pour in cold water to fill just below the top of the French Press. Stir the mixture to moisten and mix up all of the coffee grounds (use a plastic or wooden spoon to avoid scratching or breaking your glass beaker).
4. Place the lid back on but do not press down the plunger. Place the French press on the counter and let it steep overnight (12-24 hours).
5. Once the brewing is complete, press down the plunger and pour the coffee into your glass. If you’d like to dilute the concentrate, only pour enough to fill half your glass or mug and add in water to fill the rest. Serve the coffee over ice. Feel free to add water, cream, milk or flavored sugar syrup to dilute the concentrate. I love the Monin brand syrups for my flavour shots.
If you don't have a French press you can do this recipe in a large jar. Then after your 12-24 hours you pour the iced coffee through a coffee filter.